We all know how important it is to take care of our general health & the need for personal grooming. Although a lot of it is mostly common sense, here’s a quick checklist reminder on Personal Hygiene and how we can practice this on a daily basis.
1. Hands: Wash your hands regularly or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
– Before and after your meal.
– Before inserting contact lenses.
– Before and after you use the toilet or at any public area.
– if you’re sick, before and after you blow your nose or administer medication.
2. Mouth: Brush your teeth daily to prevent cavities, tooth decay and bad breath.
– Use a good toothpaste and brush at least twice a day in the morning and before you sleep.
– Use dental floss if you can to remove food and bacteria from every brush.
– Try to avoid sharing toothbrush.
– Replace your toothbrush at least every 3 – 4 months.
– Practice gargling after a meal with either a simple mouth wash or even plain water.
3. Body: Bath daily and even if we are sick use a warm cloth to wipe ourselves.
– Bathing is important whether we sweat or not at least 1 – 2 times in a day (especially in hot climate countries) when we tend to sweat more.
– Use an anti-bacteria or a good bathing soap to clean our bodies.
– Remember to also attend to hard to reach areas like the back of our necks, ears, toes, etc.
4. Hair: Washing your hair is important but over washing may cause more damage.
– Yes, wash your hair daily, maybe once with shampoo and alternate with water as too much
of chemicals for the hair strips it off from natural oils. (I’m guilty of shampooing my hair
everyday..but I guess that works for me… :p)
– Use a good treatment serum perhaps once in a month.
– Condition your hair every alternate or once a week. Or you can also use leave in
5. Face: Keep your face clean and wash it daily with a reliable face wash.
– Know your skin type and use facial wash to suit your skin.
– Always use mild warm water to open your pores to be rid off dirt, etc.
– You can also include a Toner to your face regime.
6. Nails: We often forget about Nail care. Keep your nails clean and trimmed.
– If you intend to keep your nails long, remember to clean under your nails with a gentle brush.
– Its important to make sure we clean under our nails as bacteria and dirt can easily be caught under our nails (both feet and fingers).
– Trimmed and file your nails periodically.
While many of us are aware of simple steps to using the public toilets, most of us are oblivious as to how bacteria from these places can actually cause health problems. Genital Care Products have been from years back introduced in the market but many people are still not practicing the right methods or investing enough time or investment in these products. For most people, be it sexually active or not, this part of hygiene should also be a priority.